The American Numismatic Association is a Congressionally chartered nonprofit educational organization dedicated to educating and encouraging people to study and collect money and related items. The Association serves the academic community, collectors and the general public with an interest in numismatics. For more information, call 719-632-2646 or go to www.money.org.
Click here for the ANA Form
Reasons why ANA Membership Is Your Best Numismatic Investment.
- Numismatist. The hobby’s premier journal is included with your membership. Each monthly issue includes three or four feature articles, association news and columns by some of the hobbies foremost authorities. Advertising is accepted only from member dealers who support the ANA’s code of ethics. All members, except Associates, receive this publication.
- Library. ANA Members can “borrow the book before they buy the coin.” Over 50,000 books, auction catalogs, videos, and slide sets in the world largest numismatic lending library are available to members, just for the price of postage. Individualized in-depth research services are also available.
- Educational Opportunities. From our famous Summer seminar to our traveling grading seminars, to our home-study courses, to Numismatic Theatre presentation at ANA conventions, the ANA provides the knowledge you need to collect with confidence.
- Consumer Alert Resources (C.A.R.E.). Arming members with consumer protection resources, fraud alerts and mediation services ANA’s CARE program is truly a benefit. Our loss alert/reward program will pay up to $5,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of persons committing crimes against ANA members. Through our mediation services we assist members in resolving disputes arising from unsatisfactory coin transactions. ANA members and dealers must abide by the ANA Code of Ethics.
- Collection and Health Insurance. Members can insure their entire collection at low group rates. Other group insurance plans include: Catastrophic Major Medical, Term Life, Long Term Care, Major Medical, Short Term Major Medical, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Hospital Indemnity & Cancer.
- MoneyMarket Catalog. Books and hobby supplies, usually with substantial member discounts, are available through the MoneyMarket catalog or on-line.
- Camaraderie and referrals. The ANA Club listings can put you in touch with local, regional and specialty clubs that provide the personal support and camaraderie that makes collecting such a rewarding hobby. The ANA MarketPlace provides member dealers with free listings for their numismatic businesses.
- Young Numismatist Programs. Developed especially for the beginning collector, the Ancient Coin Project allows YNs to earn ancient coins. The YN auction allows young collectors to buy coins using “money” earned by participating in the hobby. First Strike is a semi-annual supplement to Numismatist especially for the beginning collector. Scholarships to the Summer conference are just one the many awards YNs can receive by being involved in numismatics.
- This Is Your Invitation. Click here for the ANA Form
The ANA welcomes numismatists of all ages, beginner and expert alike. Join the members who are already taking advantage of the ANA programs and services to become more knowledgeable and confident collectors.